Using Technology to
For us, success is only achieved when we build a productivity tool that does what it was intended to do, and is actually used. To become your trusted advisor and to continue improving your business, we must own your definition of success. And we do.
Who We Are
Spot Solutions builds fully customized software solutions to improve our clients’ business operations and make them more efficient. We are experts in programming languages, database systems, SharePoint, and all other software necessary to complete these tasks. Our vast experience has produced extremely effective management systems and tools to guarantee the success of every project.
Our software is used in business critical applications all the time. Whether tracking billions of dollars of transactions annually or protecting very personal health data, our software is the essential plumbing keeping our clients businesses operational every day.
How We Prove It
- On time – We track every promise and over 97% of the time, we are on time.
- On budget – Our tracked and weighted average budget performance across all our projects is nearly 100%.
- Improved productivity – Take a look at our testimonials, our clients excel with our software!
- Proven satisfaction – We track client satisfaction very carefully and know that our software is indeed being used.
Best Software Development Practices
- Building the right solution – It is absolutely imperative that the correct requirements be fully explored and that the right software is designed
- Getting buy-in from users – No matter how well an application is built, it has no value if it is not used. We embrace input and build momentum with the users
- Delivering on time – We have developed a suite of techniques, internal and with our clients, to assure delivery of the project on time and on budget
- Taking an iterative approach – In order to optimize a solution we recognize the benefit of continuous improvement to quality and features
- Developing user-friendly solutions – For any solution to be effective, it must be intuitive and easy to use, whether the end users are computer experts or absolute novices
Some businesses come to us with a clear project idea. Some customers rely on Spot to help them scope a business improvement or product development project. Whatever the case, the Define phase is where we put all the ideas on the table and agree on a “minimum viable product”. This is a project scope that achieves the greatest possible bang for your buck.
The deliverables of this stage are documented concepts and requirements for work we consider “in scope” and ideas to consider later, budget permitting. Finally, we provide you with a quotation for the work scoped.
Once we have the go ahead to proceed, the Details phase is where we design the software. This includes mock-ups of all screens, identifying workflows and processes in more detail, planning project resources and timeliness and identifying any risks. We’re big on risk management, so if any of your requirements include technical or user acceptance risks, we’ll take the opportunity at this point to build a “proof of concept” before we progress to the Build phase.
The deliverables of this phase are detailed screen designs and workflows for you to sign off, any questions/risks conclusively addressed, a project team selected and a timeline established.
The Build phase is where the developers create and test the software against the agreed designs. From this point you’ll see your software come together very quickly.
The deliverables of this phase are regular progress updates and published online “beta versions” of your software for you to test out and provide feedback. We have a Customer Portal where we can collaborate online or we can run regular demonstration sessions face-to-face depending on your availability and preferences.
The Accept phase is where we do final testing and then hand the software over to you for “user acceptance testing” (or “UAT”). We guide you through the whole process but it really isn’t tricky. This is just where you verify that the software has delivered on the agreed requirements, functionality, look and feel and business outcomes. If anything doesn’t meet our strict quality standards, we’ll address it with no additional costs to you.
The deliverables of this phase are software and handover documentation awaiting your acceptance.
Once you have accepted the software, then we have agreed that you can start using it in a live environment within your business. We’ll host the application either at your business (if you have the gear and want it on premise) or we can host it in the cloud.
The deliverables of this phase are deployed software and all the assistance you need to configure users, get everyone up to speed on using it and turn off/archive any legacy systems we are replacing.
Once the system is live, we provide all the support you could need to get the maximum possible benefit from your new software investment. We have a range of support packages to suit your needs. Many businesses opt for custom software because it is infinitely changeable to suit your changing business needs. We are always happy to make changes and enhancements to your software either as part of a premium support package or as small quoted enhancement projects as required.
The deliverables of this phase are great business outcomes and happy and well supported users!