Spot Solutions is a leading provider of custom software solutions in Western Canada. We have offered comprehensive software solutions and consulting services for almost 20 years, working with a wide variety of industries and applications. We are a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and a member of the Microsoft Business Critical SharePoint elite team of companies, with particular expertise in surfacing important business data from enterprise back office systems using the powerful SharePoint collaboration platform. We also offer enterprise cloud services, including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
Our measure of success in a project is not only whether we have delivered on time and on budget, but also that the application is used by the intended user base and is providing the return on investment sought by the client. In short, we add real business value for our clients.
Senior .NET / SharePoint Developer
ASP.NET application development using C#.NET, VB.NET or SharePoint
Spot Solutions Ltd. is an innovative full business solution custom software development company, in business since 1999.
Here’s why people love working at Spot:
- We work on a large variety of projects, so we are always solving interesting technical challenges. You will never stop learning at Spot, or grow bored of working on the same program all the time. (have a look at our portfolio here).
- Spot has been in business for over 18 years and we are really good at what we do. We are experts in our field and are passionate about making every project a success, which means delivering tools that solve real-world problems. We all have a great sense of satisfaction in making the world better and more efficient, and working with happy clients.
- Excellent compensation and benefits package.
- We are flexible and respectful of lifestyle. Have kids to pick up? Taking a class? Want to shift your hours to avoid rush hour? We can work together to find a schedule that works.
- We have a team of welcoming, interesting people.
- Free Friday lunches where we take turns sharing knowledge and interesting topics with each other.
- We keep everyone well stocked with snacks and drinks, including a supply of fruits and vegetables in the fridge for all to enjoy.
- Our office is in Railtown, an exciting downtown tech, design and artist community, where interesting conversations and connections occur over coffee, at restaurants, or in the line ups to the constantly rotating selection of food trucks.
The ideal candidate must possess outstanding programming experience, especially in .Net, strong technical design ability, good communication skills, be results driven, have a great work ethic, attention to detail, and be a strong team player.
Must have current and extensive experience with …
- Programming object-oriented applications in Visual Studio .NET. Our main focus is on ASP.NET applications using C#.NET or VB.NET. However, experience with client/server applications is also applicable.
- Developing applications that use SQL Server and/or Oracle RDBMS, including experience with database design, T-SQL or PL-SQL and stored procedures.
- Development and deployment of applications in Windows and IIS environments.
- Expert at Visual Studio and TFS.
- Development of quality, functional and efficient software.
- Providing great attention to detail, excellence of product, and pride of workmanship.
Must also have skills, experience and temperament to …
- Work to clearly defined and tracked budgets and schedules.
- Make and follow estimates for programming tasks.
- Take initiative and be able to work independently on a firm and challenging schedule.
- Organize priorities to handle multiple and sometimes competing commitments.
- Act as a technical team lead on computer programming projects.
- Take a holistic approach to how a software development project is a success for the client, the end users and the developers.
- Meet and deal various clients with a wide range of technical and business issues, and be able to competently represent our organization.
- Participate in all aspects of a development project from initiation, requirements, design, development, implementation through signoff.
- Make recommendations and provide cost and work-effort estimates.
It is desirable to also have experience and skill with…
- Designing and architecting SharePoint solutions, and the tools and technologies used in the creation of SharePoint business solutions.
- SharePoint software development (2016, 2013 and/or 2010), including : navigation, search, managed metadata, workflows, profiles, MySites, use of Audiences and targeted content, publishing models, security models (risks/benefits), authentication options, and familiarity with SharePoint database schema.
- Demonstrated experience in selection, configuration, customization and deployment of SharePoint WebParts, and integration of SharePoint with third party applications and enterprise information systems.
- Mobile application development, including for iOS, Android and Windows platforms. Experience with hybrid mobile app development, such as Cordova.
- LAMP stack development
- MS Access – database design, forms, reports, macros, VBA, etc.
- MS Dynamics CRM, including configuration and programmatic extension
- Other MS technologies, servers, applications and resources
- Current MCP certifications are strongly desirable, or else willingness and ability to complete these certifications.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter with a resume attached in one (1) PDF document.
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time