Spot Solutions is a leading provider of custom software solutions in Western Canada. We have offered comprehensive software solutions and consulting services for almost 20 years, working with a wide variety of industries and applications. We are a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and a member of the Microsoft Business Critical SharePoint elite team of companies, with particular expertise in surfacing important business data from enterprise back office systems using the powerful SharePoint collaboration platform. We also offer enterprise cloud services, including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
Our measure of success in a project is not only whether we have delivered on time and on budget, but also that the application is used by the intended user base and is providing the return on investment sought by the client. In short, we add real business value for our clients.
QA / BA (Quality Analyst / Business Analyst)
In your Quality Assurance role, you will be responsible for the quality of our delivered software products, maintaining your own multiple test environments, performing testing tasks on custom developed software products, writing/maintaining internal test scripts, implementing and maintaining automated testing systems, and making sure the products meet company standards
As a BA, you will work closely and build strong trust-based relationships with new and existing clients while collaborating with the Spot Solutions team members over the entire life cycle of the project. The BA is required to be effective with clients and team members in 3 primary areas. Gathering and organizing a client’s business and technical requirements. Research, evaluate and scope detailed technical requirements that solve the client’s business problems. Present technical solutions to client stakeholders and create consensus around business solutions. Spot Solutions works with a diverse technology stack; predominantly with .NET and SharePoint.
This role requires experience as a Quality Analyst and Business Analyst with a direct experience in software development. Ideally, you will also …
- Have experience as an accomplished technical functional BA with some direct experience with Microsoft SharePoint. Understanding in custom software development, project management and technical requirements gathering is a must. You must be a great communicator both verbally and in writing, keeping in mind that you will need to be the bridge between technical and business aspects and personnel.
- 3+ years of hands-on, manual testing experience
- Ability to read and interpret business requirements and technical documents
- An eye for detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team with minimal supervision
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask
- Ability to set up, understand and manage multiple sets of source in various test environments
- You must enjoy building and maintaining relationships with clients and co-workers alike. Highly organized, analytical, collaborative, and must be excited to work on a wide variety of projects simultaneously.
Why Work at Spot Solutions?
Here’s why people love working at Spot:
- We work on a large variety of projects, so we are always solving interesting technical challenges. You will never stop learning at Spot, or grow bored of working on the same program all the time. (have a look at our portfolio here).
- Spot has been in business for over 18 years and we are really good at what we do. We are experts in our field and are passionate about making every project a success, which means delivering tools that solve real-world problems. We all have a great sense of satisfaction in making the world better and more efficient, and working with happy clients.
- Excellent compensation and benefits package.
- We are flexible and respectful of lifestyle. Have kids to pick up? Taking a class? Want to shift your hours to avoid rush hour? We can work together to find a schedule that works.
- We have a team of welcoming, interesting people.
- Free Friday lunches where we take turns sharing knowledge and interesting topics with each other.
- We keep everyone well stocked with snacks and drinks, including a supply of fruits and vegetables in the fridge for all to enjoy.
- Our office is in Railtown, an exciting downtown tech, design and artist community, where interesting conversations and connections occur over coffee, at restaurants, or in the line ups to the constantly rotating selection of food trucks.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter with a resume attached in one (1) PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time