Background and History
Vancouver, a bustling west coast seaport in British Columbia, is among Canada’s densest, most ethnically diverse cities. A popular filming location, it’s surrounded by mountains and also has thriving art, theatre, and music scenes. Vancouver Art Gallery is known for its works by regional artists, while the Museum of Anthropology houses preeminent First Nations collections.
The Engineering Services department is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the City’s infrastructure. They needed an integrated technological system to facilitate project and quality management across the department. The client relies primarily on Microsoft Suite products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Their challenges were:
- The level of understanding of SharePoint varied across the department.
- Most employees had only a basic understanding of its capabilities.
Spot Solutions was engaged to demonstrate the capabilities of SharePoint’s Project Management Collaboration Portal.
The engagement included the following deliverables:
- Conduct an ideation and mental model session
- Create a system Roadmap
The City of Vancouver’s Engineering Services department now has a roadmap that will produce a scalable productivity tool for their entire department.
Now they can:
- Utilize the full capabilities of SharePoint to improve their business processes.
- Benefit from following SharePoint best practices.
- Collaborate on and share content across their project management site.