Background and History
Vancouver Community College (VCC) is a key player in the post-secondary landscape in BC. They are proud to inspire a new generation of students to discover their passions, gain essential skills, and learn what it takes to succeed in a competitive workforce.
VCC’s ColdFusion platform had become outdated with high licensing costs and required Cold Fusion experts to maintain it. Without the necessary knowledge in-house, the platform was posing a security risk.
Their challenges were:
- Outdated technology
- High licensing costs
- Lack of necessary knowledge in-house to maintain the platform
- Web-based online forms embedded to a public site where entries are stored in DB.
- Web-based pages where information is sourced from excel and DB.
- SQL database management
- Data retrieval from DB and excel sheets to web pages
With the new technology solution, VCC can now easily maintain their applications with less cost and improved security for sensitive student and staff data. VCC’s public site improved its performance in processing data, resulting in a better user experience.
Now they can:
- Maintain their applications with less cost and improved security
- Provide a better user experience
- Improve security of their sensitive data