Background and History
Mosaic manages the forest planning, operations and product sales for TimberWest and Island Timberlands, two proud companies operating on Vancouver Island for over 100 years.
Mosaic wanted to modernize their SharePoint Platform and update their systems.
Their challenges were:
- Information was stored in multiple locations and their software was out of date
- Their existing platform did not have an intuitive design
- They did not have collaboration within their teams
- They did not have a reporting solution
Spot Solutions created a complete SharePoint Online solution with Mosaic branding including migration of legacy content and development of a modern digital workspace.
The Hub site:
- Provides News and Announcements to all employees and navigation to the important corporate information, initiatives, and department sites.
- Serves as a connecting force on the back end, allowing IT to synchronize permissions (where appropriate), set policies on the sites such as how content can be shared, formatting and standard branding cascades, and set rules on how sites can join the hub.
- Leverages visually driven navigation and modern tools to deliver a seamless user experience.
Mosaic now has a single modern and scalable system.
Now they can:
- Reduce training needs through the intuitive design.
- Easily search for and find their information.
- Collaborate on team sites.
- Access dashboard reports.
- Repurpose time saved through process automation, remote access, and portability.