Background and History
Located on the Pacific Northwest Coast, Seaspan’s Shipyards are an important resource for the region’s marine industry. Seaspan Shipyards operations include Vancouver Shipyards, Vancouver Drydock and Victoria Shipyards. Seaspan Shipyards is proud to be Canada’s long-term, strategic shipbuilding partner for the Canadian Coast Guard and Royal Canadian Navy.
Our client wanted to be more self-sufficient in maintaining their Microsoft Power Platform and SharePoint environment so they could make minor enhancements to improve their business processes.
Their challenges were:
- Their staff did not have a consistent process to implement changes to their system.
- Their staff lacked the necessary knowledge and skills to make the desired changes to their environment.
- They lacked the skills to develop workflows to automate their business processes.
Spot Solutions was engaged by Seaspan to deliver hands on training for embedded business unit employees. Experts at Spot Solutions developed a complete curriculum, hands on training environment, learning outcomes, and objectives to meet the needs of adult learners.
The hands-on training was delivered to the assigned groups of employees and included the following deliverables:
- Hands On Training
- Power Apps User Guide (Custom)
- SharePoint Online User Guide (Custom)
Seaspan’s non-IT employees now have the skills required to maintain and enhance their operations and drive efficiencies.
Now they can:
- Develop basic workflows to automate processes that were previously manual.
- Develop apps to meet basic business needs.
- Follow a consistent process in their development work.