Background and History
Teck Resources Limited, known as Teck Cominco until late 2008, is a diversified natural resources company headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, that is engaged in mining and mineral development, including coal for the steelmaking industry, copper, zinc, and energy. Teck is one of Canada’s leading mining companies, focused on providing products that are essential to building a better quality of life for people around the globe.
Teck has all of their video content saved in Streams; however, Microsoft is planning to retire fully and automatically disable Stream (Classic) in February 2024 and is mandating all Stream (Classic) customers to migrate their existing content to Stream on SharePoint.
- They need to move over 9,000 videos.
- They need to engage with their users about the changeover plan.
- They need to complete the migration before Stream is disabled and their videos are inaccessible.
Spot Solutions was engaged to complete the migration from Stream (classic) to Stream (on SharePoint). We are optimizing their budget by using script-based migration where possible.
The engagement includes the following deliverables:
- Automated lift & shift approach for the bulk of the videos
- Archiving of old content
- Conduct content owner engagement sessions
- Testing and remediation
- Training and post-implementation support
When the project is complete, Teck will have discontinued the use of Steam and all of their videos will be available in SharePoint.
They will be able to:
- Be assured that their video content is safe from deletion.