Background and History
Zenterra Developments is an organization engaged in the development and building of housing complexes within the Lower Mainland. They primarily develop single family homes and townhome complexes.
The organization required a well-designed SharePoint platform for collaboration and business productivity that is scalable and “future proof”. The requirements included a communication hub, document library, custom workflows, and dashboards.
Their challenges were:
- They had no communication hub or document library
- They did not have any dashboards to easily view their data.
Zenterra engaged Spot Solutions to develop a modern digital workspace. Our experts developed the collaboration environment within SharePoint Online to support construction work. They also developed a Power App for expense management, full integration between Procore and SharePoint Online using Rest API, and leveraged Power Automate workflows for notifications.
Spot Solutions migrated content from their network drives to the new designated document libraries and delivered training sessions on Microsoft 365, SharePoint site owner responsibilities, SharePoint end user responsibilities, and SharePoint maintenance.
Zenterra now has a modern digital workspace that is suitable for all employees to collaborate and access company information both in the office and when working remotely on site.
Now they can:
- Review and approve their expenses.
- Synchronize files between their Procore construction management software and SharePoint Online.
- Use their Team site template which provides all the libraries, lists, and tools required for running a construction development project.